The North Carolina Department of Insurance (NCDOI) Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) has created a new web-based program to create and manage Continuing Education course schedules for Pyrotechnic Safety.
The new program provides the following benefits:
- Improved turn-around time for submission and approval of rosters.
- Classroom schedules can be created from a list of the active, approved courses managed by Sponsors and Instructors.
- Classroom schedules can be edited directly in case of date or venue changes, prior to the start of the course.
- Upon creation or edit, details of the classroom schedule are immediately posted on the NCDOI Fire Safety Programs website.
- The Class roster can be entered online. Roster submissions via the new program are sent directly to the Pyrotechnic Safety Continuing Education administrator for processing.
- The program prevents the addition of invalid contact types to course rosters. For example, Proximate Audience Operators cannot be added to the roster for a Pyrotechnic class, 1.4g Operators cannot be added to a Proximate Audience class, etc.